Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Blog #3 - MARDI GRAS!

The Mardi Gras holiday was definitely a much needed break from school. I went home to New Orleans and enjoyed a lot of the uptown parades. Saturday, I went to a balcony on Bourbon Street and later watched Endymion, and that was just an experience by itself. Sunday, my friends and I sat on St. Charles Avenue all day long watching the Krewes of Okeansos, Thoth, Mid-City, and Bacchus roll by. In Thoth, I got to see the people from my high school dance team march, who most I had not seen since I graduated. Drew Brees, the quarterback for the Saints was in the Bacchus parade, and he pretty much made my night when he threw me a bead.

Monday, I went with my family uptown to see the Proteus and Orpheus parades, which were a lot of fun as well. Sean Payton, the head coach of the Saints who I think is adorable, was in Orpheus, but he was turned the other way when he passed us. Today, I did not go to any parades because I was too tired from the entire weekend, but it was a great Mardi Gras and definitely shows that the city is coming back to the way it was before the storm.

No comments: