Thursday, May 3, 2007

Blog #13 Freshman Year

My first year of college has been an overall great success with many ups and downs. I did not know what to expect when I first got here. I actually thought I would hate being away from my mom, but it ended up being just the opposite. I made so many new amazing friends here and learned to be very independent. I have to admit that every now and then I did get a little homesick, and that was a great opportunity to go home, visit the family, eat a few home-cooked meals, and best of all, get my mom to do my laundry. My roommate Amelie and I became best friends over this year and I will miss her so much next year when she is in Baton Rouge.

I learned that having a boyfriend is not necessary for one to function because my boyfriend and I of three years broke up, and we are doing better without one another. I learned that friends and family are the ones who will always be there for you no matter what the problem or how late it is at night when you call or wake them up to talk to them. My friend Mary and I were great friends from our high school dance team, but I never ever predicted that we would be as great of friends as we are now since we have gone away to college together. I met Hailey through my high school friend Lindsay and we immediately became close friends and are even rooming with each other next year.

Overall, this year has been great and I will miss all the new friends I have made over the summer, but I know we will keep in touch with each other because we are already planning activities for the summer. I won't miss showering with shoes on, having absolutely no privacy, living in a filthy room, and the noisiness of the dorms. I have definitely grown over this past year for the better, and know I have become a better person because of it.

No comments: